With the official closure of eHow's Writers Compensation Program (WCP) on May 5, 2011, my monthly residual income took a dramatic shift downward. As much as I have been working to diversify my online income sources over the past year, I was still very dependent on eHow for the bulk of my monthly earnings (I made over ,000 from my articles there in March 2011).
I have worked on my websites almost every week, sometimes daily, but having met my original income goals, and busy with little children, I didn't have quite the drive and intensity that I did when I first began my residual income adventure.
One of the silver linings to the end of the WCP is that it has re-inspired me to build my residual income platform through my online properties, with quality content monetized by ads and affiliate links.
The Numbers
April 2011 Online Residual Income Report
- Google Adsense: 7.96
- Clickbank affiliate commissions: 1.42
- Amazon Associates affiliate commissions: 9.42
- Other (NB .88 ; RA .82; WA .50) 8.20
- Demand Studios residuals 7.22
- Commission Junction affiliate commissions: .27
Future Writing Income Goals
Obviously, my writing residuals are much less today than they have been in years, especially compared to this past March and November and December of last year (those were my three ,000+ passive income months). But even with no eHow and very low cj.com numbers (my best selling product was out of stock from the vendor all month) I still broke ,000 and came close to ,500. If this is my basis going forward, I think I am in good shape -- not starting from zero, at least. I'm going to work to build back up to a ,000 month by the end of the year.
Will I make it? I hope so. I have a plan, which involves quadrupling the amount of quality content I have online currently in order to see the same percentage increase in my earnings by late 2011 or early 2012. Stay tuned in here to see if I make it.
What about your goals? How will you build your residual income, or freelance writing income, or work-at-home-mom business, going forward?
Note: Due to a Blogger glitch, most of the comments on this post disappeared. I've re-posted them below.

No comments:
Post a Comment